Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yellowstone










Arriving washed out by endless miles of Montana and roadworks, accompanied by dark thunder clouds, we sidled up to our drenched campsite. A new day brought a happy throng of RVs and geysers cheek-by-jowl. Dennis from Ohio plied his charms with Robyn and Marge from Missouri alighted from out of her terrestrial ship, squeezing all manner of earth's wonders through her lense. Today the sun shone on all of us. That is through billowing clouds of steam, walls of sulphur and across resplendent ponds of thermophillic bacteria adding their colour to the cauldrons of the deep.























Old Faithful beats to a temperamental clock - a futile sprint across the wasteland offering no horological reward. But dusk brought unexpected eruptions and high above Old Faithful's realm, we watched the sunset through smokestacks of vapour. Remote from the tailend of a season that saw 3 million wander wide-eyed across the roiling plain.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I might see you actually swim in the revious blog!! Though maybe that was censored as it was a skinny!
    My map skills have faild me and I can't quite see your route but neffermind these blogs do the trick. I did feel glad that the exponential blow at Yellowstone didn't happen while you were sleeping on the back of the giant!!

    As I write Twigs is looking at me enigmatically from the terrace. Maybe she is just hopeful of some action with a ball or tennequoit! I amin the kitchen to catch a little warmth on a blustery day. Though Al says it is gorgeous in CT...as is his princess...(of course)

    Love

    ReplyDelete